Berkshire Cubs Handball Club
Berkshire Handball Association (BHA) are supporting primary schools get handball into their schools. Berkshire Cubs is a supporting mechanism to provide onsite (coached) taster sessions, teacher training, an opportunity for competition/festivals and also an exit route into a local community club.
BHA wants to support Physical Education in primary schools because
- We want to promote physical literacy in primary schools by introducing handball activities to young people and supporting the schools workforce.
- We want to provide a route into club handball at primary age.
The main benefits of introducing Handball into Physical Education are:
- Handball cuts across many strands of physical literacy – it is an ideal sport for primary PE with throwing, catching, balance, running, jumping and, crucially, communication elements – skills transferable to many other sports and also to the classroom.
- The sport is simple and adaptive, suitable for indoors and out with minimal equipment.
- The program will support teachers and other members of the schools workforce with training to deliver handball related activity, which is essential for the sustainability of the development of pupil’s physical literacy.
Download the BERKSHIRE CUBS HANDBALL PACKAGE.